Chips and guacamole is always a nice part of eating at a Mexican restaurant. The chips are made in house and the guacamole is full of flavor, texture and richness. When they combine a tasty and healthy appetizer is. To elevate the nutritional value even more why not add mangoes to the guacamole for some tartness and sweetness and bake the tortilla chips rather than fry them? Here is how to make baked tortilla chips with mango guacamole.
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 package corn tortillas
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Lime juice
- Food safe spray bottle
- 2-3 Haas avocados
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro, fresh
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced finely
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare 2 baking sheets by lining with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Cut each tortilla in 8 wedges
- Arrange tortilla wedges in a single layer on each baking sheet so that each one gets nice and crisp.
- Add lime juice and oil into a food safe spray bottle. Shake to mix well.
- Mist tortillas with mixture.
- Sprinkle tortilla wedges lightly with chili powder and salt.
- Place into the oven to bake for about 5 minutes.
- Rotate tortilla chips and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until chips are crispy and golden.
Now that the chips are out of the oven it is time to make some guacamole! To do so:
- Cut avocados in half, remove the put and scoop avocado flesh into a bowl.
- Add in mango, chopped onion, cilantro and jalapeno pepper.
- Add lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Mash with a fork until smooth and chunky.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.
Once the chips and guacamole are complete simply serve together and enjoy. With one bite your mouth will be engulfed by bold flavor. Lightly seasoning the chips compliments the ingredients in the guacamole extremely well. The mango guacamole itself is the perfect balance of savory and sweet with a just the right amount of acidity and spice.